PDA

View Full Version : Multileader not Scaling to Layout

KGC
2008-02-14, 02:46 PM
My Dimensions and text seem to do just fine.

At the moment, we are not going to use annotative text, but it may be that we have to use it for our multileaders.

Is anyone else having issues with multileaders not scaling to layout.

Thanks

billy342601
2008-02-14, 05:16 PM
Ensure that the multileaders are set to annotative. mls or mleaderstyle will allow you into the properties dialog to check this under "Modify" and "Leader Structure" tabs / selections.

This is the only thing that I can think of this morning as to what may be causing your errors.

HTH

Bill

dxarhoulakos
2008-02-15, 10:19 PM
The scale of multileaders is not controlled with the dimscale variable. So even though your dims are scaling based on dimscale your multileaders won't.

You have to set a scale for your multileaders in the multileaders dialog box.

Or use annotative...

lpseifert
2008-02-21, 02:49 PM
You have to set a scale for your multileaders in the multileaders dialog box.

So what does the "Scale multileaders to layout" radio button do?

KGC
2008-02-21, 03:55 PM
NOTHING

I think that maybe we should just use the annotative feature for multileaders

dxarhoulakos
2008-02-25, 02:39 PM
So what does the "Scale multileaders to layout" radio button do?

That is for placing multileaders in paper space. Just like the Dim Style...

If you want them to "auto" scale you need to use the Annotative Option just above your circle.

rfarlowinaz
2014-03-13, 11:39 PM
That is for placing multileaders in paper space. Just like the Dim Style...

If you want them to "auto" scale you need to use the Annotative Option just above your circle.

If the "scale to layout" button is checked then the mleader will scale to the oppropriate size when placed THROUGH a viewport from paper space, I.e. A leader placed in a 6"=1' scaled viewport will have an overall scale of 2. I often adgust the overall scales of mleaders using the quick properties dialogue. 1/2" = 1' is scale of 24 etc.