PDA

View Full Version : The perfect keynote...

christo4robin
2008-02-14, 03:27 PM
Perhaps this should be on the wishlist - I'll leave that for a mod to decide.

The perfect keynote would...

1. Have leader behavior that matches text. My frustration here is that if a keynote text field wraps into two lines, the leader segment closest to the text will not "snap horizontal" and changes its vertical justification.

2. Have an instance modifier capability. I.e., the keynote reads the data out of the keynote file just as we're used to, but then, instance by instance, I can add a bit of text to clarify the keynote info. I would then be able to choose whether this text is displayed or not in both the keynote object and in the keynote schedule.

3. The perfect keynote file management would allow me to create additional keynotes on the fly rather than having to break out to a text editor, save, then reload in the project file.

Here's hoping....

natrix
2009-04-17, 02:20 PM
Yes on all items.

I keep going back to text notes, due to the fact that keynotes only suffice 75% of the time and the other 25% becomes a real bear. Easier to just use all text.

arqt49
2009-04-17, 04:05 PM
I can live with the first and third points.

1. Keynotes are coded, and therefore they don't break lines. The description does, but it rests in the keynote schedule.

3. I don't have a problem with the text file. In fact I use a spreadsheet to manage the keynotes levels and upper level with formulas. And to merge my custom keynotes with a fixed hierarchy.

Pack to the second... I cant live without keynote modifiers! And text annotations are just not the revit way.

anthony.67953
2009-08-12, 06:29 PM
My keynote tag is far from perfect.
The arrow end of the leader will snap horizontal and vertical, but the leader that connects to the text will not. Did the factory get the tow ends mixed up?

or is this just my keynote tag?

If someone would post one that works I will thank them.

Thanks
Anthony

nsinha73
2009-10-09, 06:02 PM
This makes life a little easier...

http://www.emc2architects.com/revit_tools.html