PDA

View Full Version : Electrical outlets not showing up in some elevations

patricks
2008-02-14, 03:30 PM
I have an odd problem trying to show electrical outlets on some of my interior millwork elevations. I have two elevations where the outlets show up fine. In two other elevations, the outlets do not show up, but they do appear when I hover the mouse over them. The symbols display in plan (they are on the correct side of the wall), and I have the same view template applied to all 4 views (with electrical fixtures turned on). I made sure my elevation view's far clip plane was far enough back and everything.

I even tried creating new elevation views in the same place where the two offending elevations are located, but they still won't show up. What am I missing?

NKramer
2008-02-14, 06:34 PM
Have you checked the hosting of the outlets? Depending on how the outlets were made they may be hosting to the wall core rather than the finish. If this is the case then the symbol would be behind the finish and not seen. Try rehosting the outlets (I do this in 3d) and see if this helps.

On a similar note I had the same problem when the outlets hosted to the wall and then I placed a 1/4" thick tackboard on the wall. The outlets were behind the tackboard and thus not seen.

HTH
Nick

patricks
2008-02-14, 07:38 PM
Have you checked the hosting of the outlets? Depending on how the outlets were made they may be hosting to the wall core rather than the finish. If this is the case then the symbol would be behind the finish and not seen. Try rehosting the outlets (I do this in 3d) and see if this helps.

On a similar note I had the same problem when the outlets hosted to the wall and then I placed a 1/4" thick tackboard on the wall. The outlets were behind the tackboard and thus not seen.

HTH
Nick

I'm hosting the outlets on the same wall type in all elevations, with a countertop either above or below the outlets in all elevations. 3 elevations have the outlets below a countertop, and they show up in 1 of those 3, but not the other 2. That's why it doesn't make sense why it will show up in some elevations and not in others.