PDA

View Full Version : Filter questions

tim.101799
2008-02-18, 02:24 PM
I was wondering if there is a way to use filters to display all of my walls (existing or new) filled in with a solid black poche in my RCP plans. Any help would be appreciated.

DaveP
2008-02-18, 02:33 PM
Yes, there is a way to use filters.
But there's a better, easier way. :lol:
Just go in the the Visibility/Graphics dialog box and change the Override for Walls.
Click on the "Patterns" column for Walls (Cut) then, in the Fill Pattern Graphics dialog box, change the Pattern to Solid.
You might want to change both the Cut pattern and the Projection pattern. Projection would be for partial-height walls that probably don't show on your Ceiling Plan anyway.

If this is a company standard, you can create a View Template so that you can easily apply this to all of your Ceiling Plans. Otherwise you'll need to do each RCP individually.

tim.101799
2008-02-18, 02:35 PM
Thanks, I will play around with that. I managed to get the filters to work, but for some reason only the interior walls filled in solid, none of the exterior walls did.

tim.101799
2008-02-18, 02:37 PM
The graphic over ride in the view worked for all the walls (interior and exterior) while the filter only worked for the interior walls.

Edit: I created a new RCP view template from my first floor RCP plan after I used the graphic over ride to fill all the walls in black. But when I apply that template to my 2nd floor RCP plan, nothing. The view template doesn't change anything.

Calvn_Swing
2008-02-18, 10:24 PM
Then you're either applying the wrong view template, or didn't create it right. We use this on all our projects for things like code plans, etc...

Works great. Give it another shot by overwriting the view template or editing it directly using the view template dialog.

Good luck!