PDA

View Full Version : Can two separate rooms be combined?

chitnismahesh
2008-02-18, 06:40 PM
well when you create rooms revit creates the rooms based on the room bounding walls, but in some instances you may need to combine two sepearte rooms ....is this possible & how.
could anyone help

dhurtubise
2008-02-18, 06:42 PM
Select the mid wall, go to Properties and uncheck oom bounding.

Calvn_Swing
2008-02-18, 10:20 PM
Personally I prefer to un-check "room bounding" but I hear the "oom bounding" project parameter has its merits...

chitnismahesh
2008-02-18, 10:51 PM
thanks for these quick replies, but pls find this attached file, your suggestions shall not work here, so is there nay other way out

mysixstring
2008-02-18, 11:10 PM
Instead of using a family for your opening, use either the edit profile button in the option bar or the "opening>>wall opening" tool under the modeling tab and revit will see the space as all one room.

Scott D Davis
2008-02-19, 12:19 AM
Use the Split tool to split the wall into pieces. The smaller piece at the doorways can then be set to NOT be room bounding.

dhurtubise
2008-02-19, 04:27 PM
Both above method will work. Theres no way to tell a family to be room-bounding or not.

Matt H
2008-02-19, 04:29 PM
HAHAHA... YES. I was wondering the same questoin as the OP. Thank you so much, i feel like the biggest newbie.

chitnismahesh
2008-02-19, 06:39 PM
HAHAHA... YES. I was wondering the same questoin as the OP. Thank you so much, i feel like the biggest newbie.

well thanks all for the, valued suggestions, please go through the attched pdfs, well actually we had styatrted of with this concept of having minimum number of walls, also since we had various materials going to different heights we have created seperate walls for the materials, studs, GWB, Plaster, tackboard, tiles, thus wall openings cant be used effectivly since they are need to be placed in all the seperate walls, the join gometry works well with doors and windows, for the sunken door cutouts we utilised opening families, and changed them to generic so that they do not display in the schedule.......thus going through this can anyne suggest.......also has this been tried by anyoune else............what can be done to improve on this......any suggestions??