PDA

View Full Version : Linked File Visibility

rparr
2008-02-19, 06:27 PM
I am working in a project whose exterior shell is linked into the main interior model.

When cutting wall sections, the linked file comes in as halftoned. No visibility graphics within the view are set to Halftone, nor is the Revit Link itself. The linked file's visibility is set to "By Host View," so we have even tried overriding the object styles for walls, curtain panels, systems, windows, etc to be black cut and projection lines, to no avail.

Any insight would be helpful... I've attached an example. The curtain wall system & windows to the right are part of the linked file. The elements on the left are part of the main model.

aggockel50321
2008-02-20, 01:15 PM
Change linked files visibility setting to "By Linked View" and it will display as it does in it's own project file's view.

rparr
2008-02-20, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion... I started playing with the linked file visibility and found that it was a phasing issue: Changing the setting to "Custom" (by linked view was greyed out) and setting the phase to "New Construction" instead of "Project Completion" solved the problem

jhanby
2008-02-27, 12:44 PM
Is it possible to control the visibility of the linked model's worksets? The only thing we want to show from our linked structural model is the foundations, columns, beams and steel framing. The structural guy made a workset called foundations and put all the foundations (since they are linked to the walls) on that but I can't find a way to control the visibility of the workset. Using Revit 9.1.

nancy.reyes
2008-02-28, 01:48 AM
You can re-link your model and from the Add Link window, below the Preview window there is an option Open Worksets, the default is set to All but you can select Specify and then you can close or open the worksets you want shown..