PDA

View Full Version : levels

williamsmitchell
2008-02-19, 07:12 PM
hello. ive got a basically fully detailed project that we have dicided to change all of the levels - 350mm

the grade is currently at 0 and the frist floor is at 500. we had this "porch" thing going on but were going to go with the standard 6" above grade. so we want to move ALL levels down to 150mm above grade but ive got alot of details both in detail lines and generic models on the face of my building. i could just move grade up 350mm and the nothing would move above and all my details will be ok but then grade would read 350 instead of 0. is there anyway to move the entire project levels without messing up all my details?

really nothing is changing. if i were in cad all i would do is change the numbers on the level lines.

dhurtubise
2008-02-19, 07:16 PM
Tools - Project Position/Orientation - Relocate this Project

williamsmitchell
2008-02-19, 07:18 PM
thanks i found the shared coordinates thing right after i posted. thnaks for your help

PWguy
2008-03-10, 10:29 PM
thanks i found the shared coordinates thing right after i posted. thnaks for your help

I am trying to do the same thing but after I try to relocate my project down 10'-6" so that my level one is 0'-0" it doesn't change, it stays at 10'-6" as Level One

Just tried shared coordinates, specify coordinates at point and still nothing, the levels are still holding to my orignal coordinates

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-03-11, 01:30 AM
You have to remember to change the properties of the level datums so they report 'shared' coordinates not 'project' cooridnates.

PWguy
2008-03-11, 07:03 PM
I got it to work, but to understand the theory...wouldn't the command Project Location have worked also without doing the shared coordinate command?

Logically...if I can say that....if I had level properties as PROJECT the Project location should have readjusted the entire project down the 10'-6" i require