PDA

View Full Version : Adding side corner trim question

TeamRPM
2004-08-27, 09:46 PM
Is there a way of adding Trim to the end of a wall (at the corner similar to running a sweep on the top and bottom) See attached rendering of the corner what would be the best way of handling this.

I remember being able to do an endcap in ADT

Thanks in advance for any information

adegnan
2004-08-27, 09:48 PM
Use the modeling bar: Hosted Sweep: Wall Sweep (Vertical). A little picky sometimes but you can use any profile you want. 1x6, 1x8 etc you should be able to load it in from the Revit profile families.

Otherwise do an in-place family sweep. YOu could make the "L" as a profile and then just pick the corner, and the L should follow.

TeamRPM
2004-08-27, 10:05 PM
you da man thanks alot (you are right it is a little buggy but it got the job done

sbrown
2004-08-30, 02:43 PM
Try this. You place it in plan, then in elevation it is "stretchable"

adegnan
2004-09-02, 01:09 PM
Scott,

Is there a way to stretch this piece by grabbing it in elevation (ie, extrusion handles as in the family editor) or is the answer just to use the instance parameters in the properties dialog?

I imagine an in-place family could be copied around and then the extrusion handles would function.

Thanks!

Allen Lacy
2004-09-02, 01:53 PM
Scott,

Is there a way to stretch this piece by grabbing it in elevation (ie, extrusion handles as in the family editor) or is the answer just to use the instance parameters in the properties dialog?

I imagine an in-place family could be copied around and then the extrusion handles would function.

Thanks! Abe,
You can use the align tool to "stretch" this piece. I think this is the case with instance parameters, anybody confirm this?

At least I thought you could. Doesn't seem to work for me now, :confused::Oops:.

sbrown
2004-09-02, 02:21 PM
try it now. the ref planes had to be designated as top and bot and then it stretches.

adegnan
2004-09-02, 03:01 PM
Aha! Great. I actually ended up doing it all with in-place profile families which worked very well, in the mean time. I'll download and check it out, but I think that you are correct that the reference planes would be exactly what is needed. Cool.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-09-02, 03:26 PM
try it now. the ref planes had to be designated as top and bot and then it stretches.
ahhhh... A fine update to my favorite family of all time!!! :-D I use this sucker daily. My boss is a stickler for corner trim

If memory serves me, This was originally created in 3.X , right Scott?

-Z

Allen Lacy
2004-09-02, 03:51 PM
ahhhh... A fine update to my favorite family of all time!!! :-D I use this sucker daily. My boss is a stickler for corner trim

If memory serves me, This was originally created in 3.X , right Scott?

-Z An oldie, but a goodie!

Joef
2004-09-05, 10:55 PM
I'll be using this quite a bit. Thanks!
Just one question. I've been on an extended holiday and seem to have forgotten most of what I knew (or so it seems). How does one control the material for this corner trim? There doesn't appear to be a material instance parameter. I'm sure I am missing something simple here.

beegee
2004-09-06, 12:25 AM
Hi Joef,

You need to open the family and then add a Material parameter, as either instance or type, then when loaded in a project, you can assign a material.

Steve_Stafford
2004-09-06, 12:55 AM
Just to clarify, the "Corner Trim" family adds and is assigned to a subcategory to Generic Model objects called Corner Trim. You can leave the family alone and just change the object style in your project to use whatever material you choose.

sbrown
2004-09-07, 03:19 PM
Yes it was one of my first families so it may have been even earlier than 3. I did my first CDset in 2.x and it had some corner trim so I think I made it for that project.

Rols
2004-11-16, 03:55 AM
Very nice family. It's exactly what I needed.
Much appreciated!

bev
2004-11-17, 05:08 PM
Try this. You place it in plan, then in elevation it is "stretchable"
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!