PDA

View Full Version : Documenting a sloped roof

cbright.158342
2008-02-20, 03:12 PM
Hello,
We are currently working on a project where we have a roof that is sloped based off of a calculation of two slope arrows. Our dilemma is we can not document this roof in it's current state. We need to have a flattened image so that we can document the location of a curtain wall and Structural columns on this roof. Currently we can not seem to get a view of this roof that is parallel to the roof so that the roof appears flat and we can still use the drafting and documenting tools. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this. Attached is a picture for clarification. We have tried to a 3D view oriented to the workplane of the roof, but we can not put any drafting information in the 3D view. Please help if possible.

cbright.158342
2008-02-20, 03:17 PM
Sorry wrong image displayed. If you can help, thanks.

kpaxton
2008-02-20, 03:21 PM
cbright.158342,

First of all, welcome to AUGI and the Revit Forums and welcome to Revit!! Gratz on your first post.

Second, ummm, your attachment is virtually empty and tells us nothing - could you perhaps post a different one or even a couple? Elevations/sections/etc. Thanks in advance.

Honestly, you shouldn't have any problem 'documenting' this type of roof, locating the curtain walls, etc. in a normal revit view. I think we need more information to assist you. Is the curtain wall perpendicular to the roof? Is it orthogonal?

I have an idea of what may help you, but I need some additional information.

Thanks,
Kyle

cbright.158342
2008-02-20, 03:28 PM
I posted a PDF that shows the elevation of the roof better than my first attachment. The wall is orthagonal to the roof, so it slopes as well. We have 5 column members types, that attach to the roof at different elevations and need to show these connections in plan as well.