PDA

View Full Version : Panel Schedules & Electrical Code

theelenore
2008-02-20, 03:38 PM
When circuiting up a building, the program (by default it appears) circuits in sequence of "Panel-1,2,3" instead of "Panel-1,3,5" or "Panel-2,4,6". This causes a problem a major problem with designing an electrical system. Also in a circuit run (of 2 or 3 circuits), you can share the neutral wire. New to the code you need to include a circuit breaker tie to the circuit breakers which share the neutral so that maintenance can be done with less chance of electrocution.

There needs to be a way to group up these circuits to better work with code and best practices. Especially before you click the Balance loads button.

jsanchez.122500
2008-05-01, 09:28 PM
i read your post and wanted to ask if you would be so kind and if you are in the electrical field of desinging, would you tell me where i could learn title-24? i been doing moderate design but mainly CAD-Electrical Drafting for 12+ years and everytime i get to being exposed to design i get caught up in drafting cause im fast and proficient, dont get me wrong i love what i do but i just feel like i want to do so much more not just for self satisfaction but for my company and to be a better asset and be able to open us up for more jobs. any info. is greatly appreciated.

joe

sparkie001
2008-05-03, 02:22 AM
i read your post and wanted to ask if you would be so kind and if you are in the electrical field of desinging, would you tell me where i could learn title-24?.
joe

Title 24 is all of the Building Codes in California. If you mean Title 24 Part 6 Energy Code you can download the code and application manual at http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/

Steve