PDA

View Full Version : Fonts in Autocad/Microstation

boyerd
2008-02-20, 09:56 PM
We use both Autocad and Microstation here in the office and we are trying to create a single set of standards for use with both. Does anyone know of a font which works well with Autocad and Microstation? I have had issues with Microstation fonts that don't print properly and the same for Microstation using Autocad fonts.
Thank you

cadtag
2008-02-21, 04:48 PM
Are you willing to try Windows TruType fonts? Verdana for example ought to display properly on both platforms.

boyerd
2008-02-21, 09:45 PM
I can ask. Run it up the flag pole and see who salutes it.
Thanks

BrenBren
2008-02-22, 06:58 PM
I can ask. Run it up the flag pole and see who salutes it.
Thanks

Hopefully they give it a good salute, and not the "other" kind :)

boyerd
2008-02-22, 07:32 PM
Not very enthusiastic. They want to work within Autocad or Microstation. Since we are primarily Microstation they would prefer Microstation. Bummer.

mmccarter
2008-03-12, 12:09 PM
Find something which "looks" the same in each program, they can be totally different font names/styles if you wish.Then create appropriate .csv files for use when running a translation through microstation so that the fonts map correctly rather than the software just trying to come up with the alternative font which it THINKS is correct.

The time spent setting up translation template csv mapping files can be well worth it if you are switching between the two programs frequently.