PDA

View Full Version : Placing a revit file within another revit file

Griff
2008-02-21, 10:55 PM
I had no idea that they were going to go this route when I started these drawings but now I need to figure out how to proceed.

The situation (very simplified), I've created a box with some structural members inside the box. I drew this with the bottom of the box on level one. Now they would like to rotate this box so that its standing on it's side within another Revit file.

I can't seem to be able to rotate it on its side and move it into place without all sorts of errors. It there a way to do this?

I've attached 2 very simple Revit files to show the situation. In 'Test Piece 1' I have a mass showing how I would like to place 'Test Piece 2'.

I'm sure there must be a simple solution, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help

tc3dcad60731
2008-02-22, 02:23 AM
Amittedly I did not look at your files....... The reason that you can not do what you want is because of the type of member used. You cannot take a horizontal structural member in RAC and rotate it to be vertical and vice versa. Learned this from trying to do a quick model of a framing section and I selected 2x6 beams and placed them then I wanted to rotate like you are saying and it would not allow it. I had to create a vertical member to complete this.

Griff
2008-02-22, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the input. I have been able to do some modifying when I group objects but it's pretty limited. Thanks again for your help