PDA

View Full Version : Two Elements were not joined ... Warning

DaveP
2008-02-21, 11:05 PM
Review Warnings:

"Two elements were not automatically joined because one or both is not editable"

Just what the heck does this Warning mean, anyway?
More to the point, how do you make it go away? I've got one project with a thousand of these. Shouldn't they just clean up once the elements are editable?

And as long as I'm ranting:
"Line is slightly off axis"
I understand the need for this in Model elements, but who cares if a Detail Line is a little bit crooked? I think Detail Lines should not be flagged.

cdatechguy
2008-05-21, 09:42 PM
Ever figure this out? I am having the same issue. I still can't get them to join!

diamond
2008-06-30, 09:28 PM
Anyone.... Bueller? I've got about 50 of these.

sbrown
2008-07-01, 12:29 PM
that warning just means you are in a worksets job and the object you are editing is editable but the one its joining to is not(someone else has it). It should join when the STC occurs and both are available. I think that one is in the ignore category but I could be wrong.

mikeinsverige
2011-10-25, 11:33 AM
Ok, reviving an old post since I didn't see a recent one about this.

I am having the same warning here (50 times) with elements "not joining". However, when I synchronize to central, the warnings are still there. When I select by ID and isolate the elements, they are on different floors and not even touching!

The elements are on the same workset. I even made that workset "editable" but the warning still remained.

Any more feedback?

patricks
2011-10-25, 01:55 PM
Ok, reviving an old post since I didn't see a recent one about this.

I am having the same warning here (50 times) with elements "not joining". However, when I synchronize to central, the warnings are still there. When I select by ID and isolate the elements, they are on different floors and not even touching!

The elements are on the same workset. I even made that workset "editable" but the warning still remained.

Any more feedback?

If the elements are far away from one another, can you just hit the Unjoin button in the warning box? You might need to expand the warning box to get that option (little arrow on the right side).

mikeinsverige
2011-10-26, 12:19 PM
I don't see that option listed in the warning menu. Screen shot attached.