PDA

View Full Version : How to Divide Lines?

fyarch135738
2008-02-22, 07:00 PM
Recently I was sketching in Revit Architecture 2008 and was creating a sketch of a curved stair to see if there was a headroom problem. I had two parallel curved lines (obviously of different radii) and wanted to show 16 risers. I was hoping for a Divide command but couldn't find one. I had to resort to dividing the measurement of each of the curves by 15 (tread end size on the curves) and creating a series of equal circles of the relevant radii to do the division of the curves. It worked, but was a very cumbersome way of achieving the goal.

Does anyone know of a simpler way of dividing sketch lines into a number of equal segments? I've come across this problem before and will no doubt do so again.

Fyarch

PS Once I got some of the riser lines drawn I was able to mirror the next riser from two risers back, using the previous riser as the mirror plane. Still not a satisfactory solution, but again it worked.

christo4robin
2008-02-22, 07:12 PM
What you do is what I do. Sorry.

c-hawk
2008-02-22, 07:33 PM
could you not do the following?

create a line between the beginning endpoints of the arcs
radial array that line to the other end of the curves using the last option
set the array count to the number of divisions you need

if the length of the arcs is too long/short, rotate the last line (or first) to the desired location.

eddy.lermytte
2008-02-22, 07:43 PM
I came across the same problem the day's I began working with Revit.
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=75003#post75003