PDA

View Full Version : Storefront with double door

joseph.161156
2008-02-22, 07:40 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm new here and new to revit. I just started using it a few days ago. I'm trying to make a storefront with double doors. I tried using the standard wall and door that come with Revit architecture 2008, but I can’t seem to get to work. I know I’m doing something wrong. By the way I don’t know how to make a curtain wall panel system tried but didn’t work. I think I need some classes. And help for a noob would be nice.

I got it I did a little more serching and found what I was looking for. Thanks for the help I found

Carlos GT
2008-02-22, 10:34 PM
Drawing a store front door is kind of easy, just go to wall and choose "Curtain wall: storefront", from the drop down menu (left upper corner). Draw the storefront (you can click in the storefront, right click and go to properties and change the differents elements like panels, mullions, etc.

Now, if you want to put a double glass door in the storefront, first of all, you need to load the double glass door. But, and here is the interesting part, go to component- load- and look for the door folder and load the double door glass.

Now, hover over the storefront and using the TAB buttom, select the panel where you want the double door glass, once you select it (it will turn red and a pin will show up), unpin it (click in the pin) right click and go to properties. In the family option, choose the double glass door, you previously louded. Click OK and you are done.

Notice that if you want to create the double door using two panels, you will have to delete the mullion between these two panels first.

Good luck.

jeffh
2008-02-23, 04:37 PM
The process of adding a double door to a storefront/curtain wall is covered in the "creating a Building Information Model" tutorial. I can't remember the exact section but it is about 1/2 way through the tutorial.