PDA

View Full Version : Schedule of areas

Wagurto
2008-02-26, 05:36 PM
Is there any way to schedule areas as shown in the image?
thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-02-26, 05:44 PM
Are you wanting sub-totals for each type of area?
Check the Sorting/Grouping tab on the schedule dialogue.
To get sub-totals check header/footer boxes. To group each type together uncheck the Itemize every Instance box at the bottom.

Wagurto
2008-02-28, 03:39 PM
Thanks Demitri, but I am using area by name and you have it by area type. The problem with Area type is that Revit only give you a limited number of type and I can not find how to add new categories. I am doing a zoning calculation schedule and I need a schedule which list the total area for green space, building ftprint, and paved areas. I don't need to schedule any single piece of green spaces on my plan just a total green area. Is that possible to do?
Thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-02-28, 05:45 PM
You can sort or filter your schedule on any parameter that is applied to your area object.
You can add new parameters (you refered to them as categories) from Settings > Project Parameters.
Add a text parameter and call it Zoning Class or whatever makes sense. Be sure it is an instance parameter so each area can be assinged its own value and that the parameter is available to your area object category by checking the box on the right.
The new parameter should now be available in your schedule and you can filter the schedule to only show the area that have been assigned as Green Space. The comments about totals and sub-totals still apply.