PDA

View Full Version : curtain wall problem

wrartes
2008-02-27, 06:41 PM
Hi I need a little help with this family. the is suppose to be a frame less curtain wall but I have problems int the corner and the first glass panel joint. I post a image and a file. I really appreciate any help. this is our firs project. I am desperate please help.

dhurtubise
2008-02-28, 03:21 AM
The curtain panel alredy contain the corner mullion, if you don't wanna see it, open the famiky and get rid of it.

wrartes
2008-02-28, 12:54 PM
I know that, the problem is that I can't joint the panels is something with the formula in the parameter that I don't know how to fix.

dhurtubise
2008-02-28, 01:34 PM
Can't join???
If you want a seamless, just don't put any mullion in between. Maybe i'm not understanding correctly

wrartes
2008-02-28, 03:39 PM
I need the mullion in the inside part of the joint between glass panels, to be a frame less curtain wall.

patricks
2008-02-28, 07:34 PM
In the family for that corner panel w/ mullion, you can add another reference plane outside of the Left at the end of the glass panel. Put a dimension on it and give it a name and make it an instance parameter. Something like End Extension or something like that. Then edit the sketch of the glass extrusion, unlock it from your Left reference plane, and then align and lock it to the new reference plane. Reload it into the project, and set the extension to 1" (half the mullion width) for all instances, and you'll get the result you wanted. The only part not fixed will be the glass at the actual corner itself.

wrartes
2008-02-29, 01:09 PM
great paticks, you save my day. thats works perfect

Thanks

PWguy
2008-03-13, 05:28 PM
I have the same problem.....but I do not even know where to open the my curtain wall family to edit to become a structurally glazed mullion. I have tried to make a new profile but that doesn't work.

ajayholland
2008-03-14, 03:23 PM
If you are just using system families they cannot be edited. You’ll have to create your curtain panel from the template.

Start here.

~AJH