PDA

View Full Version : Revit Revision Number not automatically populating

tonyisenhoff
2008-02-28, 03:31 PM
Anyone have this happen before?

This has happened now on two different projects now where we're using the revision cloud tool, but Revit is not providing a revision number when you tag, and the revision schedule in the title block does not show a number. It shows the date & description, but not the number. We're doing our revisions "Per Sheet".

Yes - the view is placed on a sheet, so it should fill out.

Our workaround is to cut/paste "same place" the cloud, THEN the number fills out. Any new clouds are blank... till we cut/paste.

Any suggestions?

Steve_Stafford
2008-02-28, 06:30 PM
Reported this to Autodesk in December, it is a known issue (now at least), and posted to HOK's blog (http://hokcadsolutions.blogspot.com/2007/12/revision-tag-fails-to-display-value.html)as I was there when we ran into it. We also resolved with Cut/Paste etc as you described. After reviewing the issue this is what Autodesk reported back:

This appears to be the result of an interaction between the Annotation Crop and the Revision numbering mechanism. This has been reported in a few cases before this. I will log this problem and you will be updated on the progress of this.

The workaround for this is to go to the View Properties for the view with the Tag in it and turn off Annotation Crop. Insert your Revision Tag. Your Tag should now be visible but your annotation is now visiable every where. Go back into the View Properties and turn Annotation Crop back on. This should fix your problem.

tonyisenhoff
2008-02-28, 08:36 PM
Steve - thanks for the reply...

I did open the project in the preview of 09 and the issue wasn't there. I didn't even have to go thru the cut/paste... it was just fixed and any new clouds worked as expected.

So, looks like it's fixed.

cdsuggs
2022-08-16, 05:45 PM
Still an issue in v2021.