PDA

View Full Version : Equally dividing mullions

pligkid20
2008-02-28, 07:30 PM
When creating a custom window is there a way to edit the number of mullions?

patricks
2008-02-28, 07:35 PM
You should be able to do it creating a family for the mullion itself, nesting that into the window family, and then creating an array of the mullion family within the window family.

I haven't done this much myself so maybe someone else can go into more detail about how to do it.

mlgatzke
2008-03-01, 03:01 AM
patricks is right. You can create the array, then create a (number) parameter and link it to your array as a parameter. Voila, you have a parametric array. As patricks said, this works best if you use a nested family for your mullion/muntin - one nested family for the vertical elements and one nested family for the horizontal elements.

Just a suggestion, but I would recommend creating an intermediate family where you do the parametric array. This allows you to specify the number of elements in the array and then create a parameter using a formula that will take the number of elements in the array and subtract one - so that your are controlling the array by the number of lites instead of mullions. I say this because once you start trying to do this parametric array, you'll find that you have to hide a mullion/muntin in each side of the frame/sash to allow you to equally space.

jyoungner
2008-03-01, 03:14 PM
Try this family. It is great.