PDA

View Full Version : Dimensioning Question

RafeRedmond
2008-02-28, 08:38 PM
Revit Architecture 2008

I am trying to substitute text for the value of a dimension. Is there any way you can tell Revit to remove the value of the dimension in order to have it say "SEE SCHEDULE", for example, instead? I found where you can add a prefix and suffix, but I can't change or remove the value.

Please let me know if you have run into this!

Thanks!

RRR

tim.101799
2008-02-28, 09:22 PM
Revit Architecture 2008

I am trying to substitute text for the value of a dimension. Is there any way you can tell Revit to remove the value of the dimension in order to have it say "SEE SCHEDULE", for example, instead? I found where you can add a prefix and suffix, but I can't change or remove the value.

Please let me know if you have run into this!

Thanks!

RRR

This feature will not be availiable until the next release. The work around I use is to create a new text style that matched the font of your dimension text, but make sure to set the background color of this new text style to opaque. The type out you text and place it ontop if your dimensiion text. The opaque background of the text will mask the dimension text

patricks
2008-02-28, 10:04 PM
This feature will not be availiable until the next release. The work around I use is to create a new text style that matched the font of your dimension text, but make sure to set the background color of this new text style to opaque. The type out you text and place it ontop if your dimensiion text. The opaque background of the text will mask the dimension text

We also use a dimension style called "Note" which has text sized to 1/256". That way your override text will completely cover the dimension, no matter how long the dimension text is.