PDA

View Full Version : i pot a base on my wall....thinking that was brilliant

ntnik
2008-02-29, 06:18 PM
becasue now my perfectly modeled base shows up in all my interior elevations. however, its also showing up in my plans. how do i remedy this?....i know i can change my view properties (bottom plane to stop just above base).....any other way to affect how my base shows up in plan?

lhanyok
2008-02-29, 06:22 PM
Under Object Styles, create a new subcategory for walls "Wall Base." Then assign the wall base to that subcategory (I believe you select an instance, go its properties, click Edit/New to go to the type properties, and change the subcategory there). Then in your plans, go to visibility/graphics and turn off the subcategory. Or better yet, create a view template for your plans and turn off the subcategory in the template, then apply it to your views.

Matt H
2008-02-29, 06:24 PM
If you created the the base within the wall itself... then no.

But if you used it as a seperate entity like a wall sweep then yes.

ntnik
2008-03-02, 12:29 PM
sorry for my spelling ....i made a family "base" then inserted the sweep at the base of the wall in my wall type. the building is a huge maze of walls and i can not place an individual sweep on every wall. i do see the benifit of lhanyok's organization. but, the base was created within the wall its self.

any more ideas?

clog boy
2008-03-03, 12:11 PM
I can't think of anything other than adapting the view range.

Good luck man

ntnik
2008-03-03, 01:16 PM
thanks, thats what i thought, there is no way to add a line (representing base) to a wall type is there?

thought about a slight reveal but that may defeat purpose of accuracy in interior elevations

patricks
2008-03-03, 02:59 PM
You might be able to split the exterior wall surface in the wall type and just leave the material above and below the split as the same. Then you should have a line in your elevations.

Another alternative would be to just add a sweep to the walls where you have an interior elevation. That's if you don't have interior elevations of EVERY room. If you just have a few interior elevations, maybe some typicals that apply in other places, then I would just add a wall-hosted sweep in those rooms and turn off that subcategory in the plan views.