PDA

View Full Version : Plan Detail doesn't show in Call Out View???

thand
2008-03-03, 11:00 PM
This is probably a newbie question...... But I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction.

OK, I have a Callout view that I created to show my stairs as an enlarged stair plan. Within the Callout view I tried to create a plan detail with another Callout, but I received the follow Error / Warning Message

"None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: Stair - SE - First Floor View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings."

Even though the detail was created, the callout tag & boundary do not show in the view. So I looked in the Visibility Settings and the "Callouts" settings were on.

So what am I missing here??

Thanks

lhanyok
2008-03-04, 02:43 PM
Are you using the most recent build of Revit? In the original build of 2008, detail callouts don't show up in cropped plan views.

NKramer
2008-03-04, 03:00 PM
You can also try changing the scale of your view. Callouts and all view tags have a parameter named "hide at views coarser than." If this is set to 1/4" and your plan is at 1/8" then you wont see that callout. You can also try changing this setting prior to placement.

HTH
Nick

lhanyok
2008-03-04, 03:06 PM
Callouts and all view tags have a parameter named "hide at views coarser than."

This only applies to section, elevation, and detail callout views. So if the callout was created as a floor plan, it won't have that parameter.

Also, in order for the "Hide at Scales Coarser Than" parameter for the detail callout to be available, you have to change the parameter "Show In" from "Parent View Only" to "Intersecting Views."

thand
2008-03-04, 03:47 PM
Are you using the most recent build of Revit? In the original build of 2008, detail callouts don't show up in cropped plan views.

I'll look into this. I'm not sure what network version / build we have at this point, but we have only had Revit for a few month's now. But come to think of it, didn't Autodesk release a new build at the beginning of the year? I'm pretty sure we do not have the latest build.

Is it hard to update? Do you have to reinstall from the network? or is it as simple as just updating what is already installed?

Sorry for all the questions, but with 2009 just around the corner I wonder if I should wait...

Thanks

lhanyok
2008-03-04, 03:57 PM
I'll look into this. I'm not sure what network version / build we have at this point, but we have only had Revit for a few month's now..

Go to the Help Menu, and select About Revit Architecture 2008. In the upper right hand corner, the build number is listed.

thand
2008-03-05, 09:07 PM
Does anyone have the link to the latest Revit build download?

I went to Autodesk's website and I was able to find a Revit update dated Sept. 2007, but I was under the impression that the latest build was as recent as the beginning of the year.

Can anyone verify this for me??

Thanks

vsem
2008-07-15, 05:12 PM
I has this issue and asked the 'gurus' at Autodesk in the form of a support request - I was told that this is 'by design'. The detail callouts only work in section/elevation - not on plan views - I think perhaps the design needs to change!

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-15, 05:27 PM
Does anyone have the link to the latest Revit build download?

I went to Autodesk's website and I was able to find a Revit update dated Sept. 2007, but I was under the impression that the latest build was as recent as the beginning of the year.

Can anyone verify this for me??

Thanks

Sure. This is the latest one, available for download at:

http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2009/WU1_RAC2009.exe

The WU1 means web update 1.

Andre Carvalho

josh.made4worship
2008-07-30, 08:13 PM
I think this works in 2009...unless I am misunderstanding. I created a "Detail" Callout view in a regular floor plan and successfully added a second "Detail" callout view in the newly created "Detail" callout with no problems...I am on the new build as well...fyi.