PDA

View Full Version : High Rise Low Rise Issues-Sections

dgreen.49364
2008-03-04, 10:58 PM
We have a large project, high rise tower, low rise commercial, being split among two office. My office is doing the high rise. We are working in two different models linked into each other. Going pretty smoothly, so far. One issue we have come across is how to deal with elevator core and stair well sections. Obviously, the elevators and stairs go from level one to the roof of the tower. Since you cannot keynote linked Revit info, how do we deal with sections? I hate to split the sections so that they are in two pieces, a portion for the high rise and a portion for the low rise. This is also going to be in issue with any section going thru the tower.

Any suggestions.

dhurtubise
2008-03-05, 02:25 PM
So if i understand correctly you have part of the core in each model and you want to Keynote elements?
Since you cant specify a view for section/elevation in 2008 (yes you can in 2009) you will need to annotate manually :-(

sbrown
2008-03-05, 07:50 PM
You could consider grouping your stairs, this way you can edit them, then share the group, when the group is reloaded the tagging/dimensions will remain.

dgreen.49364
2008-03-05, 10:38 PM
After some discussion with the guys doing the low rise, I believe we have come to terms...I think the cleanest thing is for me to model the elevator core and stairwells to the ground level (or the pit, for the elevator) in the high rise model. That way I can tag everything in one section from ground to roof without any disjointedness in the sections.