PDA

View Full Version : Strange viewport boundaries

bskripac
2008-03-05, 04:00 PM
I am having a problem with oversized viewport boundaries in my Revit sheets which makes them overlap one another and add aggravation to the selection process. Both crop boundaries are set the immediate area of the view but I always seem to get the oversized viewport. This is the same reaction that occurs when I perform a zoom all in the view, but there is no stray information hanging out in the middle of nowhere.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

patricks
2008-03-05, 06:45 PM
Is the view broken at all? If you break a view and move the pieces in close together, the viewport like you showed stays the original unbroken size, for whatever crazy reason.

But I have had something like that occur with unbroken views in the past, as well. It seems to just "happen" at random times, and I have no idea what causes it.

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-05, 06:57 PM
Maybe you have a family loaded in your project where some of its elements are far away from the family origin (i.e. a reference plane that was moved by mistake)

Reference planes show in the family, but don't show when the family is loaded into the project. However, if you try to zoom extents the plan where this family is or add it to a sheet you will notice its viewport will go crazy trying to fit the extents of the plan and the problematic family too.

You may want to check it in your project by turning things on and off and performing zoom extents to try to find what's causing this.

Andre Carvalho

Matt H
2008-03-05, 07:15 PM
Use the "Crop View" and "Crop Region Visbile" options in View Properties (keyboard stroke V, P)

Maybe you imported something that weird, so this will be able to crop it out.