PDA

View Full Version : Datum lines have disappeared

vandelay
2008-03-06, 08:48 PM
We have a model where we put in our levels and started to construct the model. We have attached dwg files into the model to aid in drafting existing conditions and everything was going great. Now for some reason all the datum lines in the model/views can not be seen.

When I look at my sections or elevations I don't see them. If I were to draw a new level I see the new datum line but not the older ones so I know it is not a view setting.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

cek
2008-03-06, 11:48 PM
If you are refering to Datum lines as the Revit Levels try the following:

View>Visibility Graphics>Annotation Categories
Scroll down to 'Levels' and make sure the box is checked.

Also sometime levels created in one view do not show up in another. Find the view where you can see the levels you created. Mouse over the level to highlight and right mouse click to open the options on this item. Then select "Maximize 3D Extents".

Good Luck

jtobin.68416
2008-03-07, 01:46 AM
Art,

Have you tried going to a plan view of a level and right-clicking, and choosing "Find Referring views"?
Usually the only views listed are ones that intersect the level markers.

John Tobin

vandelay
2008-03-10, 08:05 PM
I tried what cek and John suggested but no luck. When I try what John said revit comes back with an exception, Could not find referring views.

cek, I can't see the datum lines in any view.

I had some dwg files linked in so I am removing those now but it still doesn't seem to do anything. Now I am going to take a hammer to the model and try to erase or copy objects over to a new file.

We created the model in the 2008 with the January build and are still using that build.

Anything else I can try?

vandelay
2008-03-10, 09:15 PM
It is fixed. I kept playing with each sections crop region until I saw my datum lines. Turning off the Far Clip Active check box under the View Properties / Extents made the datum lines appear.

Then I just clicked to maximize to 3d extents and all my views are happy again.

Thanks for all your help.

patricks
2008-03-11, 12:50 PM
It is fixed. I kept playing with each sections crop region until I saw my datum lines. Turning off the Far Clip Active check box under the View Properties / Extents made the datum lines appear.

What this means is that the levels did not intersect that particular section view. You probably could have gone to a perpendicular view, turned off the crop region, and your levels would probably be seen way over to one side.

Sometimes when these issues come up, you have to think about your levels in a 3D sense, with each level being a plane in space with width and length.