PDA

View Full Version : Small Fills for Logos

johnstory70451
2004-08-31, 03:46 PM
Keep getting this "Line too Short" error when trying to correct/create filled areas in our and client logos.

When you import the filled graphics from AutoCAD and explode, it also argues that the lines are too short and will not fill.

This is really a pain and I need to get this resolved as soon as I can... the users are at the point where they want Titleblock sheets but I cannot deliver.

Help!!!!.... anyone? Please?

hand471037
2004-08-31, 03:53 PM
If you can't make a filled logo via a Filled Region due to the lines being too short, you can always do it using many vertical or hoizontal lines with a proper thickness to generate your logo. You can also import in a bitmap too. You might give those a try to get the work out...

SkiSouth
2004-08-31, 03:58 PM
In Autocad block out the area you need, wblock it to a file. Open the file and export as a bitmap or eps file. Or If you have a pdf printer installed, print your logo to a pdf file. Load your Revit titleblock and insert the bitmap/PDF file in location and size needed. Should load and print fine.

Jeffery beat me to it - dang it.....

Also though - you are exploding the Autocad file after you import it You might want to link the file (like Xref). You will still be able to control pen weight excetera if you do link the file, and I don't think you'll get the "too short line" error...

johnstory70451
2004-08-31, 06:07 PM
Jeffrey gets the prize...... THANKS!!!!

This works much better than the same in AutoCAD.

Allen Lacy
2004-08-31, 06:43 PM
This works much better than the same in AutoCAD.
I think that johnstory gets the Quote of the Day award!