PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Area Plans

tmomeyer
2008-03-09, 07:40 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to create multiple area plans that use the same Area Boundary... say for instance, have the same area boundary around the perimeter of the building show up in different area plans?

I looked at Settings, Room and Area Settings, and Area Schemes. Create two different area schemes. Create an area plan for each scheme. It does not appear to be possible to share a common building perimeter boundary that appears in both schemes. So... as building design evolves, and perimeter changes, you would have to go into multiple Area Schemes and correct the perimeter Area Boundary.

And, I looked at another approach, in one area plan view, highlight a floor plan, right click, Duplicate View, and try each of the Duplicate, Duplicate with Detailing, Duplicate as a Dependant, and looked for a way to share a common building perimeter area boundary, and add unique area boundaries into the new views, but in all cases, the new area boundaries showed up in the initial view... not what I was looking for.

The Users Guide says, "Each area plan can have distinct area boundaries". My question is the opposite, can an area plan share an area boundary with another area plan?

dhurtubise
2008-03-10, 12:55 AM
You will need to copy/paste the boundary from the initial view. You can also lock those to the wallsso they move when any changes are done.

tmomeyer
2008-03-10, 11:25 AM
You will need to copy/paste the boundary from the initial view. You can also lock those to the wallsso they move when any changes are done.

Yes, copy/paste is what I've been doing, and that creates multiple area boundary copies that each need to be updated when the wall type or locations change. And yes, I was aware that these could be locked to the walls.

OK, then it sounds like it is not possible to share one perimeter area boundary between views and have different interior area boundaries.

Thanks!

Maximillian
2008-07-09, 07:19 PM
did you ever figure out a strategy for handling this? I'm in the same boat.

Thanks

dhurtubise
2008-07-09, 07:33 PM
You cannot share but you can lock to the walls multiple lines.

yunny186
2019-04-30, 03:33 PM
Even though this is an old question, I just figured it out how to do it and wants to share. You can create a new parameter in the properties. For example, if you had a parameter as "FUNCTION OF SPACE" to classify the areas, create a new parameter called "ROOM FINISH", then open "Edit Color Scheme", create a new scheme, and then under "color" change "FUNCTION OF SPACE" to "ROOM FINISH". Done! Now you can use the same areas but assign them to new color schemes. The whole point is to use a new parameter to classify areas!!! I created the new parameter under "Text" in the properties, and it works. 107341

yunny186
2019-04-30, 03:46 PM
Even though this is an old question, I just figured it out how to do it and wants to share. You can create a new parameter in the properties. For example, if you had a parameter as "FUNCTION OF SPACE" to classify the areas, create a new parameter called "ROOM FINISH", then open "Edit Color Scheme", create a new scheme, and then under "color" change "FUNCTION OF SPACE" to "ROOM FINISH". Done! Now you can use the same areas but assign them to new color schemes. The whole point is to use a new parameter to classify areas!!! I created the new parameter under "Text" in the properties, and it works.