PDA

View Full Version : cant create 'floor plan' views using a callout

williamsmitchell
2008-03-10, 01:36 PM
hi everyone

ive made a template which we start all our drawings in. its been quite refined but there seems to be one issue. ive got a project quite far along and im starting to create callouts to create enlarged floor plans and i can only create "detail views" using callouts in my floor plans.

now i can do this in the default template. i will fix my template but i also need to know how to fix it in current projects.

thanks in advance for taking time to read this

shane

gbrowne
2008-03-10, 01:41 PM
Just checking (no offence meant!):

Do you select "plan" or "detail" when creating the callouts?

Its an easy one to miss..

aaronrumple
2008-03-10, 02:39 PM
...now i can do this in the default template. i will fix my template but i also need to know how to fix it in current projects....

Sounds like the Floor Plan callout type was purged for your current project. To restore it, duplicate an existing detail callout and edit the properties. Rename the type as desired (Floor Plan). Then set Family: to System Family: Floor Plan. That should do it.

patricks
2008-03-10, 05:12 PM
Sounds like the Floor Plan callout type was purged for your current project. To restore it, duplicate an existing detail callout and edit the properties. Rename the type as desired (Floor Plan). Then set Family: to System Family: Floor Plan. That should do it.

How does that get purged out? I just opened our Template file and went to Purge Unused, and I didn't see where there was an option to purge out that callout type. I'm pretty sure it wasn't being used as it was our blank template file.

m.augi
2008-11-24, 06:12 PM

Aaron:
How do you switch family? The floor Plan Family cannot be even duplicated. and I could not switch it out?