PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Info in Room Finish Schedule?

cek
2008-03-10, 10:46 PM
Working on the latest build of Revit Arch 2008

I'm having trouble integrating the ceiling finishes info into a room finish schedule.

I can create the ceiling schedule, which appropriately identifies the ceiling mark, height and finish. In this case I have three ceilings of two types.

I've done the following with the ceiling parameters:
Confirmed that they are in the project parameters list
Confirmed that they have all categories selected for multi-category scheduling

In creating the multi-category room finish schedule, I've selected the same parameters used in the ceiling schedule but they will not populate the fields of the room schedule. This also is the case if I just do a standard room schedule.

Is there a limitation to ceiling or multi-category scheduling that's preventing this?
Am I taking the wrong approach to integrating the ceiling info into the room finish schedule
or have I overlooked something?

Thanks for your help on this.

patricks
2008-03-11, 12:54 PM
hmm sounds like what I was working on last week. I'm guessing you have different ceiling marks for each type, like AC-1, AC-2, etc. right? I had tried to make a finish schedule, and then a schedule key with all of my finishes. Problem is, if I tried to put that schedule key into my finish schedule, it could only be used once. My schedule, on the other hand, had 7 columns needing finish type marks: floors, base, 4 walls, and ceiling.

I never could figure it out and ended up filling out 500+ fields manually. :shock: