PDA

View Full Version : Setting up blueprints refrence images...

theclarkfamily
2008-03-11, 05:46 AM
Hello :)

Trying to setup some refrence images in max by creating planes and then assigning a bitmap texture to it.. I can get the bitmap to show up on the plane but its extremely poor quality in all my views. But as I render a scene the image is crystal clear.. So I musnt have my viewports setup correctly or something?

Also tryed a Jpeg and it was ****** quality to, untill I rendered out

Thanks in advance

Steve_Bennett
2008-03-11, 05:47 PM
It could have to do with a number of things, but firstly, have you assigned a UVW Map modifier to the plane and told the modifier the size of the bitmap? You would have to figure out the aspect ratio of going from pixels to units such as feet or mm, and assign it properly to both the material and the UVW Map modifier.

dellis
2008-03-11, 08:18 PM
You also, most likely, need to make adjustments in the configure display driver. I'm not in front of my computer but the options are self explanitory. Post back if you need a screen cap...

arshiel88
2008-03-12, 07:27 AM
Dwayne is right. Its in
Customize menu > Preferences > Preference Settings dialog > Viewports tab > Display Drivers group > Configure Driver button (when Direct3D is the current driver)

1. Check the Match Bitmap Size as Closely as Possible in Download Texture Size Option.
2. You might need to reload the image/texture in your material for this to take effect.