PDA

View Full Version : How did we get yellow in some of our schedule columns?

dan.dankert
2008-03-11, 03:35 PM
All of our material Take-Off schedules have yellow columns in them. We don't know how it got there and don't know how to control it.

It does not transfer to sheets this way once placed on a sheet.
Color could be nice to make some of our larger schedules easier to read while editing them.

We have tried this on other computers and even in offices and can’t control the yellow headings and columns.

How did we do this and how can we control this?

Dan

niki_funky
2008-03-11, 04:26 PM
Miracles happen every day.

best regards
niki

dan.dankert
2008-03-11, 08:15 PM
Any other ideas?

Dan

Steve_Stafford
2008-03-11, 09:03 PM
Revit MEP has conditional formatting, has the file been opened in that version? Didn't see the image first, looks like a reboot is in order.

Elmo
2008-03-12, 11:04 AM
Wow, that is a just a little weird. We have tried this on Revit MEP and Architecure and they don't do this. I don't know if this happens because of maybe Structure but I haven't had a chance to check it. I both checked your file and I have seen if ours do something similar. Is this happening in just this file or do this happen in a number of your projects?

dan.dankert
2008-03-12, 12:30 PM
We know about color in Revit MEP, but we have not seen color behave this way in any version of Revit.
This schedule is in our architecture master template from day one on all of our material take off schedules and some how has always had color. It also does not seem to be dependent on what value or parameter is in each column, and if you import the schedule into your project, it brings the color with it. Wild!

We can remake the schedules, but it could be great to have color in schedules to help show grouping or relationships between columns.

Oh well, just dreaming.
Dan

Go Kimi!

Chirag Mistry
2008-03-12, 01:11 PM
I am able to replicate this by changing windows active window appearance setting under display properties.

I have never figured this out, but have noticed this on several occasions. Revit will give a different color in schedules for shared parameters or user created parameters and system parameters....for some reason this color is tied to your active window appearance color and since most of the users have this as white, it becomes impossible to notice this. Change the active window color to something else and recreate the schedule :lol:

dan.dankert
2008-03-12, 01:29 PM
Wow and Thanks!

Good find, of something I would have never thought to look at.
At least we know now where it came from.

It would be great if we had this option for readability as our schedules get bigger as we do more and more with schedules these days.

thanks again, AUGI to the rescue!
Dan

c-hawk
2008-03-12, 01:50 PM
that's wild ... how did you ever think to check the active window color?

on a side ... it looks as if you don't have to completely recreate the schedule to address the color change. you can simply remove/add the needed fields from the schedule.

Chirag Mistry
2008-03-12, 03:49 PM
Coming from a VIZ/MAX background I have always liked my active window screen to be grey instead of white. So while creating schedules I used to notice some fields with the grey tone, never figured out why. But this morning when I read the thread with a kick of caffeine my mind was able to make the connection :lol: