PDA

View Full Version : Ref. Arrows

trim_it_up
2008-03-11, 03:44 PM
So I went and took a little course on Autocad Electrical 08' and the whole nine yards. And although I know for a fact you CAN assign your own custom reference arrows...I cant find any literature on the subject. I've tried several approaches:

wblocking my design
modifying Autocad's preset arrows
and attempted to put a symbol a folder by itself and adding it to the search path.

I would just make a block and keep inserting it, but I want my conduit schedule to be flawless. Taking shortcuts like that on a program like this almost defeats the purpose of using it in the first place. If anyone could give me detailed instructions on how to assign your own custom arrows it would be most appreciated and maybe I can return the favor!

HXC

RenataP
2008-03-11, 06:07 PM
So I went and took a little course on Autocad Electrical 08' and the whole nine yards. And although I know for a fact you CAN assign your own custom reference arrows...I cant find any literature on the subject. I've tried several approaches:
HXC

Welcome to AUGI. Thanks for looking us up and asking questions.
This is where I get my information on what topics are needed for ATP classes.

It sounds like you were on the right tack about modifying AutoCAD’s arrow. For future, copy them into a template file or store a back up set.

Here is a word document that I hope will help. If you need me to make a more in-depth step-by-step, let me know.
Always help to help!

trim_it_up
2008-03-12, 01:12 PM
So I followed your instruction (which was awesome) and I got the arrows to start working..but now, only the source arrow on page 3 where the arrow points to the right horizonally is of a different style! I cant figure out how this happened, or why it's only happening on page 3. I checked into my project/drawing settings to make sure that they all had the same style selected and they do. I'm going to be attempting to work around this all day so if anyone has had a similar problem.....HELP!

:]

trim_it_up
2008-03-12, 09:19 PM
I still have not solved this issue but as I see a few of you are reading so I'll update the problem. Now I've copied my project settings and started a new set of drawings. The problem from above is now repeatable on this project as well! :[ for some reason every page 3 that I use has corrupt reference arrows...but only in one instance. the source arrow on the right side of a horizontal wire. They are just the wrong reference arrow. BUT! the problem is only consistent on page 3. I cant reproduce the issue anywhere else. Does anyone know a way around this? I'm totally perplexed.

RenataP
2008-03-13, 11:44 AM
Interesting. If it is possible, please attach two drawings, one being 3 and the other being a sheet which 3 references. I will attempt to dive into the problem. Puzzles, what great fun! We might have to read some of the hidden data stored in the drawing.

It is by helping others that I get a greater understanding, so thank you for asking for help.

You asked for a way around the problem...you should be able to swap out the wrong arrow for the current one. Have you used the swap block before? Here are some snap shots.

trim_it_up
2008-03-13, 06:27 PM
I've cliped on two pages for you. If you could, when you've found this problem let me know how it came to be. Like I said, I've been crunching on this thing for days and cant figure it out...but I'm not what you would call a seasoned vet at the Electrical version. Thanks again for all of your help RenataP, you truly are a saint.

=D

hxc

RenataP
2008-03-13, 08:52 PM
Ok, spent some time and attached is my solution.
Hope this helps for the next project.
Keep in mind for next time to name the new blocks with 6 or 7--9 [HA6S1] as those are set aside from Autodesk for users to customize with keeping originals.
Have a great day!

trim_it_up
2008-03-17, 03:18 PM
RenataP, thanks for all of your help. Not only was I able to fix my problem, but now I have a much greater understanding of ACE. Since I got the time to fix this little mix up I also did a little exploring and fully understand how the problem came to be so hopefully I can pass the knowledge on to my fellow co-workers. Thanks again for all of your help.

=D

hxc

RenataP
2008-03-17, 04:34 PM
So happy I could help! Digging into ACE is a nice pass time for me.