PDA

View Full Version : CREATING METAL PAN STAIRS

BARRY.KUNKEL
2008-03-11, 05:22 PM
I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to create metal pan stairs filled with concrete. The basics on revit are just typical residential stair types and I need to create a metal pan tead filled with concrete. Do I do this by creating a family or where do I start?

patricks
2008-03-11, 06:28 PM
hmm interesting... I've never thought about it really because our template already has a metal pan stair set up in it. You need a metal pan tread nosing profile loaded, and really I think that's all you need. You can set the material and thickness of the stringers to match your steel channel stringers, and you can set your riser type as straight and material to steel, and tread material to concrete.

If you want to get really fancy and make the model more accurate, you can create a profile of a C-channel, create a handrail type using that profile, and use that for your stringers. You make it as a handrail so it will follow the stair slope. You would also set the stringers to None in your stair type properties if you went that route.

jeffh
2008-03-11, 06:47 PM
A metal pan stair family can be found on the sample files for Revit. Go to the following link:

http://revit.autodesk.com/library/html/

Select > Revit Instruction & Help Samples

Select > Revit Samples > Imperial

On that page you will see a stair samples file. Open that file and then you will see a steel pan stair family in the file. This can be taken out and placed inot your template for use in the future.

BARRY.KUNKEL
2008-03-11, 06:59 PM
THANK YOU!