PDA

View Full Version : Dotted Roof Above in Main Plan View

barathd
2004-08-31, 10:29 PM
This should be so simple but no matter what I do I can seem to get it to work. The roof either obstructs the plan view or else I only get parts of it. Any thoughts.

Thanks

Dick Barath

Yman
2004-08-31, 10:48 PM
set your view range above the roof like you said, all you see is roof. Then use the linework tool hidden line and select roof edges.

There are a couple of other ways but this is the most simple quick thing to do for now. The longer but easier thing in the long run is to create an in-place roof family. Create a hidden line component in the object settings under roofs. Then draw symbolic hidden lines to represent your roof. Then place 1 invisible model line in plan. Then finish sketch. Finish family. If objects are over your hidden lines then you can use the linework tool, hidden and tab thru until your in-place family is totally highlighted and select it. All lines should now be over any model components.

The reason I do it the long way is then when I do the roof framing, electrical, mechanical, floor plans, site, etc. then all I have to do is use the linework tool to show them instead of the first way which would have to be done in every view.

Y

Steve_Stafford
2004-09-01, 02:03 AM
Check this THREAD (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=7570)... a similar discussion took place and I posted an example of using plans overlaid on a sheet...works well too.