PDA

View Full Version : Floor modifying tools

hakancete
2008-03-12, 07:23 PM
I am creating floor lines, using floor choice, and tracing over cad file, but I don't get floor modifiying tools (new on 2008) on every created floor. I do get them if I don't trace over Cad file. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks.

Teresa.Martin
2008-03-12, 11:22 PM
Hi. I am not getting this behavior unless there is a curve in the CAD file. Floors and roofs have to initially be flat and only have straight sides (no curves) in order to use the sub-object modifier tools. This has been changed in Revit 2009, FYI.

Best regards,

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-13, 01:54 AM
Hello Teresa,

Another option is to create your floor sketch replacing the curves by straight lines. You can make your floor sketch lines straight and bigger than the real floor you want. When it's done, you can use the sub-object modifier tools and after that create an opening using Modelling / Opening / Opening by face and then draw the sketch the way you want (including curves) to "cut" the portions of the floor and make the final results be exactly what you want.

See attached sequence. The first image shows the straight line replacing the curve to allow the sub-object modifier tools to work.

Regards,

Andre Carvalho

SCShell
2008-03-13, 02:32 PM
Hey there,
Nice tip Andre!
Steve

Teresa.Martin
2008-03-13, 05:57 PM
Hello Teresa,

Another option is to create your floor sketch replacing the curves by straight lines. You can make your floor sketch lines straight and bigger than the real floor you want. When it's done, you can use the sub-object modifier tools and after that create an opening using Modelling / Opening / Opening by face and then draw the sketch the way you want (including curves) to "cut" the portions of the floor and make the final results be exactly what you want.

See attached sequence. The first image shows the straight line replacing the curve to allow the sub-object modifier tools to work.

Regards,

Andre Carvalho

Yes! I have used this as well. Thank goodness we will not have to worry about this in the next version! Yeah!