PDA

View Full Version : Detailing in Revit

dyl1337
2008-03-14, 01:27 PM
Hi all,

I have recently been introduced to Autocad Architecture to trial for the company I work for.
One feature I found pretty useful was the Detail Component Manager which allows the creation of detailed drawings by pulling components (i.e cavity wall, brick, block, 300mm cavity etc.) of the palette.
Now my question is, does Revit have a similar function?
I want to take a look at Revit also and compare the two pieces of software (and expecting Revit to be far more user friendly!)

sbrown
2008-03-14, 01:35 PM
Yes, click on detail component, then load, click the Imperial Detail Component Library, you will see 1000's of detail components organized by division.

dyl1337
2008-03-14, 02:58 PM
Thanks Scott.

I don't have Revit loaded on my machine here, I will have to wait until I get home. I guess there is also an Metric Library also?
And are there downloadable additions to the detailing library online?

jeffh
2008-03-14, 03:05 PM
There is a Metric detail component library. Also it is not too difficult to create detail component families in Revit. There are many avaliable at various locations on the web.

aaronrumple
2008-03-14, 03:46 PM
Also it is not too difficult to create detail component families in Revit.

It can be as simple as copy/paste if you don't need a lot of parametrics.
If you have drafted detail work - copy it to the clipboard. Start a new detail family. Paste in the drafted items. Add paraemtrics as needed. Save and load into the project.

In a few seconds you have added a new detail component to you library.