PDA

View Full Version : Hatch Patterns not Showing up

schaef
2004-09-01, 01:51 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with hatch patterns imported from AutoCAD not showing up in drafting views? I've had this problem a couple of times- the first time I exploded the hatch patterns in the CAD drawing, and then some of them showed up, but not others. I wound up just using the CAD drawing. That worked for the time being, but now it's happening again and I'm not sure how to deal with it. Any advice?

Yman
2004-09-02, 02:23 AM
I have noticed this with some detail component families from one verion to a newer version of Revit. Sometimes reloading the family does fixes it. If it doesn't fix it then try opening the family and add something to it, maybe an invisible line locked to something and then save and reload into project. The fill patterns should display now. It's wierd but it works. This is very rare for me and happens basically on one family only. No time to explore though and figure out why?

Y

Steve_Stafford
2004-09-02, 03:07 AM
Have you noticed whether this happens if you don't set the drafting view to use the same scale as the intended scale of the detail if it were plotted in Acad? I haven't pinned this down myself but suspect that my be the culprit.

schaef
2004-09-02, 08:32 PM
Yes, this is an issue with AutoCAD and Revit.

I have tried going in and making the drafting view scale the same as the viewport scale, but alas, to no avail. Am I trying to fix this correctly? Or do you know of anything else to try?

I think it pretty much always does this. Some of the hatch patterns show up and some of them don't. I think it usually happens this way.

Thanks for your help.