PDA

View Full Version : Grade Level

tect75
2008-03-14, 03:13 PM
How can i make the grade hatch extend down further. Right now i have the situation where in elevation the cut ground plane allows for some of the basement level to show below the earth hatch. See the attached PDF.

Carlos GT
2008-03-14, 03:17 PM
Do you really want to show the basement footing? Why don't you hide these footings?

tect75
2008-03-14, 03:24 PM
thats the thing. its not the basement footing. just the wall. i want the basement level line to show but if i crop the view to remove the walls showing i lose the basement level annotation.

aaronrumple
2008-03-14, 03:33 PM
Settings > Site Settings > Elevation of Poche Base
Set that deeper.

However a more conventional way to show this elevation in Revit would be to use a masking region. The top line of the making region would follow the grade and be a bold line. The other lines would be invisible or extend outside the crop region. The topo would then just be turned off.

Alternately, you can set the poche deeper and then override by element the topo's cut pattern to No Pattern. This will leave just the top grade line.

tect75
2008-03-14, 03:47 PM
that is awesome. I like that masking region idea as well. have to try that as well see which one the powers like. Thanks

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-03-14, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the info as well. I always used a masking region just because I couldn't get the site hatch to show up deep enough. Didn't even know there was some site settings. Good to know, although I think I will continue with masking region since you can edit the outline of the hatch pattern.

Gigliano70
2008-03-14, 04:48 PM
you can mask with WIPEOUT place everything you want to see on top of it. i'll sometimes make a block out of my elevations and place a wipeout behind it. don't forget to turn your frames off.

aaronrumple
2008-03-14, 05:04 PM
you can mask with WIPEOUT place everything you want to see on top of it. i'll sometimes make a block out of my elevations and place a wipeout behind it. don't forget to turn your frames off.

Wipeout? Fames?
Oh ya - "that other program"... ;-)

Gigliano70
2008-03-14, 05:25 PM
Wipeout? Fames?
Oh ya - "that other program"... ;-)

WHAT? ... Are you saying Revit has something better than wipeout? lol.. I'll go get it now.

so what do you really think of Revit for architecture. Is it just another Acad knock off like Architectural Desktop was. Now that the hype is past and people are really putting it to the test what can you really do that vanilla autocad can't do for a chunk of less money. Tell me to save my money or Great investment. ohhh. good question to put out to the whole forum.

aaronrumple
2008-03-14, 05:33 PM
WHAT? ... Are you saying Revit has something better than wipeout? lol.. I'll go get it now.

so what do you really think of Revit for architecture. Is it just another Acad knock off like Architectural Desktop was. Now that the hype is past and people are really putting it to the test what can you really do that vanilla autocad can't do for a chunk of less money. Tell me to save my money or Great investment. ohhh. good question to put out to the whole forum.

Yes. Revit has Filled Regions and Masking Regions. Combine that with the Show Hidded Line tool and the ability to embed these paramtrically in both 2D and 3D items and you are way ahead of the wipeout.