PDA

View Full Version : site plan rendering help

nick.108651
2008-03-16, 07:45 PM
hello to all, i have created a new 3d view - orient - top view (to create a site plan). when i render this view, it never finishes- and it takes a really long time.

i know i cant render a floor plan sheet, right?

what can i do to get a site plan rendering then??

nick.108651
2008-03-16, 07:45 PM
how do i create glass panel railing?

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-16, 08:53 PM
hello to all, i have created a new 3d view - orient - top view (to create a site plan). when i render this view, it never finishes- and it takes a really long time.

i know i cant render a floor plan sheet, right?

what can i do to get a site plan rendering then??

Maybe you have too much information on the site and not enough computer power to handle it. If your site plan just shows the roof and the site elements, you may turn off all the interior elements that aren't visible on this view (walls, doors, windows, furnishing, etc...), even if they are hidden by the roof. Give it a try.

Also check your rendering settings to see if you can reduce something (resolution, shadows, etc...) that will improve performance.

Andre Carvalho

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-16, 09:48 PM
how do i create glass panel railing?

I will suggest you when posting about a new subject, to do it in a different thread, allowing other people to easily find it and have their questions answered as well. ;)

Regarding the glass panel railing, you have to start with a baluster family. You can even start with an existing one out of the box like the Baluster Panel - Glass w Brackets.rfa or Baluster Panel - Glass.rfa that you can find with the Revit family library and change it to match your needs. Once you have the baluster the way you want, you have to load it into the project and create a new railing type. Define the rail settings and the baluster settings (where you will define the glass panel you just loaded).

Best regards,

Andre Carvalho