PDA

View Full Version : Free Form Callout Views

revitmaster
2008-03-17, 02:11 PM
I would like to have more flexability when creating callout views. I'm tired of being limited to a box, I would like to be able to define my own limits of an enlarged view.

dhurtubise
2008-03-17, 03:31 PM
Post it on the wishlist forum

patricks
2008-03-17, 05:40 PM
It's been a wish for a LONG time, and I'm not 100% sure but I think this may be a welcome new feature of RAC2009

mruehr
2008-03-18, 07:12 AM
My sense is we will wait a while for this
yust think about orient to other view they will have to change the section box to irrregular too
or exclude a irregular view boundry view from the orient to other view

tomnewsom
2008-03-18, 12:23 PM
yust think about orient to other view they will have to change the section box to irrregular too
Bearing this in mind, they could implement it as a 'kludge' feature. ie. you do a rectangle as normal, then use a 'sketch crop line' tool to mask out the unwanted detail. The program makes the view as a rectangle, and stores the view limits as a box, but the callout border can be customised.

patricks
2008-03-18, 04:04 PM
hmm perhaps it's not a new feature in 2009. bummer :(

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-18, 05:06 PM

It would be great if we could sketch our own section box, the same way we sketch an extrusion. or at least have the ability to work with more than one rectangular section box. We could then have the section boxes side by side, using different heights and extents and even be able to join them.

Just a dream... :roll:

Andre Carvalho