PDA

View Full Version : Stair Railing - Not Sloping

wbs69117950
2008-03-17, 03:20 PM
I have a stair, which was created w/o railings. Now, I am adding railings. Having a problem getting it to slope. I did one railing, and after many attempts of switching different settings, it finally sloped accordingly. But, I don't recall doing anything magical - tried some things, hit finish sketch, didn't work, next time, did same things, hit finish sketch, it did work.

Now, I am working on another railing, and the magic seems to be gone. I select the railing, and click edit. Using the sketch tools, I select "Set Host", and click the stair. I have the two end's slope set to flat, and the rail at the stairs set to slope by host. Then, I click finish sketch. But, in elevation, I get a continuous flat railing with no slope at all.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-17, 04:52 PM
Are you sure your sketch is inside the stair limits? Or if it is exactly on the edge, maybe you can try moving it to the inside and then change your railing offset.

Andre Carvalho

cdatechguy
2008-03-17, 06:10 PM
Do you have a landing? You need to break the sweep line at the landing so it knows to slope again.