PDA

View Full Version : Cut Plane

whilgendorf
2008-03-17, 03:54 PM
I have been working with Revit for a while and I still have problems with the cut plane for example I have a 2 story building I am trying to see the roof outline, the trusses, the lintels above windows & doors. I can only see the trusses and roof outline in one cut plane depth and I can only see the windows and lintels on another depth. I usually get frustrated with it and just draw a 2d line to represent the lintels but I am trying to do it correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carlos GT
2008-03-17, 04:33 PM
What I normally do for a roof plan is create 2 separates views: one is the roof plan outline (with the roof framing if you want to) and the other one is the outline of my walls, doors and windows (and lintels if you want). Obviously these two views will have diffrents cut planes.

Then I insert these two views, one on top of another, like 2 layers, in my sheet. They will align correctly. Notice that in order to do this trick you will have to create a "dummy view" to set the title number correct.

This a very helpful trick when you want to show specific or unique informatopn in your plans.

Goog luck.

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-17, 04:43 PM
You can also work with the linework tool. Just change your view range to be able to see what you want and using linework change its linetype. Then change your view range back to where you want and the things that are overhead and you have changed linetyoe will still be showing.

No need to duplicate views or align things, since the linework will always be where the real edges of the elements are. If they move, the linework will follow.

Andre Carvalho

whilgendorf
2008-03-17, 04:50 PM
Thank you both suggestions will help me in the future

t1.shep
2009-11-02, 04:19 PM
You can also work with the linework tool. Just change your view range to be able to see what you want and using linework change its linetype. Then change your view range back to where you want and the things that are overhead and you have changed linetyoe will still be showing.

No need to duplicate views or align things, since the linework will always be where the real edges of the elements are. If they move, the linework will follow.

Andre Carvalho

When I attempt this, (change view range to show roof, linework, then change back) the linework doesn't show. It disappears with the roof. I also can't seem to get a level above to show the roof if I use the underlay option. It shows up if I go to that view, but as an underlay, it doesn't show.
Do phases and view setting need to be the same if you use underlay? or does the underlay take the view setting of the parent view?