PDA

View Full Version : Views within drafting views..

Martin P
2003-07-25, 10:59 AM
I think we REALLY need this one....

In a drafting view, to be able to drag say a floor plan in like you do into a sheet - then I could trace detail and drafting as I needed (if the snaps worked) then remove the view or hide it - I have tried this using sheets but the snaps dont work. And callouts can get messy, aside from clogging up the project browser.

PeterJ
2003-07-25, 11:56 AM
Martin

Use a call out and trace what you need to locking as necessary then switch the Display Model to 'do not display.

P

Martin P
2003-07-25, 12:57 PM
mmmmm.... good point! not sure why I didnt just do that??? :? new to this 2D stuff in revit I s'pose :lol:

ignore the wish,

Pete, you are a moderator - can you move this to general or something??

:beer: martin.

Scott D Davis
2003-07-25, 01:33 PM
Moved from Wishlist!

aaronrumple
2003-07-25, 03:39 PM
I often draw over my model with detail lines, and then just copy/paste into a drafting view. Pretty simple unless I'm missing something here?

jacob chavez
2003-07-26, 08:00 PM
I guess I don't understand why you would want to copy and paste the detail items into a drafting view. Wouldn't you want to keep the callout or section on the smaller scale plan or section to reference the detail anyway?

JC

Martin P
2003-07-28, 12:31 PM
I often draw over my model with detail lines, and then just copy/paste into a drafting view. Pretty simple unless I'm missing something here?

2 things.

changes in the model.

A need to refer to more than one view to complete your drafting accurately, when drafting by hand or say in autocad - projecting lines from 2 or more "views" to form whatever you are drafting is the normal method used.

I think I should still have this as a wish, as the callout method cannot address the 2 views thing either. I wasnt to clear with what the actual problem was, this is basically it, will stick it back on yhe wishlist (now I have thought about it properly!)

sahina1792
2003-09-16, 12:00 PM
I am linking a typical wall section to drafting view and creating a callout view to another drafting view that has a typical parapet detail linked from a dwg file into it.

When I place the parapet detail (drafting view) into a sheet, the reference callsout the floor plan sheet, not the wall section (drafting view).

Why is that?

JamesVan
2003-09-16, 03:04 PM
I am linking a typical wall section to drafting view and creating a callout view to another drafting view that has a typical parapet detail linked from a dwg file into it.

I'm not sure I understand your dilemma. Could you please post a screenshot of your views you have created?

It sounds like you are getting confused over 'linking' and creating a section callout.