PDA

View Full Version : Curved Grade Beams

trent.nichols
2008-03-17, 07:43 PM
I would like to be able to place grade beams or continous footings in the model that are not hosted by a wall and that can be modeled on a curve. Much like a structural framing member but I want it to be in the structural foundations category and have the same parameters you see in the wall or isolated foundations already provide by Revit.

NKramer
2008-03-17, 10:41 PM
Have you tried in place families? You could model the footings and place them under the correct sub division but I don't think that it will interact correctly with calc software... I guess it depends what the intent of the model is. Or you could always draw them in Revit and then separately in whatever software you use to do your calcs.

Nick

trent.nichols
2008-03-21, 03:23 PM
Yes, I've tried in-place famlies but there's a couple things that don't work well with in-place families in the application I use the model for. I work on the contruction side of things and build a construction model with means and methods in mind so we model the grade beam from center of pier to center of pier and not the whole lenth of the wall. That's the reason for not wanting it to be hosted by a wall. Accuracy is key and we use it to make schedules containing all the important info. For example, volumn, form contact area, lenght, depth, width, top of grade beam bottom of grade beam. I have created a family with all the parameters need to accomplish what I listed above but I run into problems when I need a curved grade beam. I can make it graphically correct but the more important info is what I can get in the schedule