PDA

View Full Version : Details

trythefly
2008-03-18, 03:00 PM
How is everyone else handling details in RMEP? I want to do a single family for each discipline instead of having one family per detail.

Any ideas before I get someone started on this?

Thanks in advance....

sgermano
2008-03-18, 11:44 PM
We are currently importing our current ACAD detail library. If your cad details are blocks they usually import fine. Some need to be tweaked, but 95% have worked for me. I have yet to transfer over to families as the detail sheets are pretty much static.

I've loaded almost 8 sheets of detail sheets into the template that are filled with details, then the engineers can just delete what they dont need and consolidate the detail sheets.

How is everyone else handling details in RMEP? I want to do a single family for each discipline instead of having one family per detail.

Any ideas before I get someone started on this?

Thanks in advance....

trythefly
2008-03-19, 03:40 PM
Ours are static 2d details also. We have several hundred though. I'm trying not to load them into the template b/c that would increase the size of every project and hurt performance. I want them to be on an as-needed basis.

I was thinking about making annotation families and link them into a blank "container" family and create a type for every detail.

dwilliams.161712
2008-03-20, 12:37 PM
i created a temp. and then made detailing views each with there own blocks. then when we get a project we can load only the detail views as we need in that project. it seems to work great and not increase the size to big on the projects.

Daniel