1: Is there a way to use relative paths for Hyperlinks. We created a
model with Hyperlinks and have been asked to send the model out, the
Hyperlinks reference absolute path statements and do not work off our
server.

2: Is there a best practices for adding Hyperlinks? I have a user that
added Hyperlinks in the NWF file and then made changes to his DWG, when the
model was reopened the links where broken. Navisworks support said that the
handles in the dwg changed. Many times the drawing associated with models
change, so in what file should the designers be adding the Hyperlinks?

Thanks,
Steve

david.kingham
2008-03-20, 08:51 PM
For relative path hyperlinks just use ..\file.txt

The ..\ signifies the current directory of the nwf, you can also add subfolders, for example ..\Subfolder\file.txt

I have no advice for best practices though

dgorsman
2008-03-20, 10:46 PM
You might want to consider adding hyperlinks in the model file itself, rather than the NWF, or waiting for the design process to proceed a bit further before adding them.

You might be able to run the hyperlinks from a database, using some unique object descriptor as a look-up key rather than an object handle, but that is pure blue-sky speculation.

ben.bringardner
2010-10-12, 02:15 PM
We are integrating NWD files into HTML via the Active X controller, and for some reason the "..\" prefix is not working for creating relative path hyperlinks created in Navisworks. The model is posted on our test server and if I give it a full path address it does find the linked HTML file.

Any ideas on other options to try in order to get relative path hyperlinks to work?

Thanks in Advance,
Ben

cyoung11011
2011-03-11, 11:15 PM
We are integrating NWD files into HTML via the Active X controller, and for some reason the "..\" prefix is not working for creating relative path hyperlinks created in Navisworks. The model is posted on our test server and if I give it a full path address it does find the linked HTML file.

Any ideas on other options to try in order to get relative path hyperlinks to work?

Thanks in Advance,
Ben

Having the exact same problem (oddly enough...:mrgreen:) wondering if you've ever discovered a fix for this problem. the relative path for the source file in this active-x controller doesn't function, only an absolute path works so far... in the process of relocating the site from one location to the other the active-x stops responding and this is causing a number of problems when we are needing this site to have source versatility.... need help!

Thanks for any help!
Chris

ben.bringardner
2011-03-14, 12:31 PM
Hey Chris,

Check out this website http://www.aec-area.co.uk/NW/NW-Demo.htm . It has been the best source of help for me as I was working through the Active X controller issues. There is some Java Script in here that is well explained as well.

They have a download posted or you could look at their source code.

Somehow, they were able to get relative paths for models working.

Ben