PDA

View Full Version : Revit Napkin Sketch?

victoria
2008-03-21, 04:40 PM
I am wondering about making a Napklin Sketch type rendering in Revit. Is it possible? I have another computer here in my office with AutoCAD Arch. 2004, and I have AutoCAD Revit Suite on this one. If there is nothing similar to a napkin sketch on Revit, how complicated will it be to bring a 2008 file from Revit to a 2004 version of Auto Arch?

victoria
2008-03-21, 04:45 PM
I also have 3ds Max...

Scott D Davis
2008-03-21, 05:23 PM
On subscription, when you get your upgrade to Revit 2009, you will get a copy of Autodesk Impression for free aong with it. This tool will do napkin sketch type drawings and more. You can see some examples here: impression.autodesk.com (http://impression.autodesk.com/)

Hope that helps, and the wait for Revit 2009 will soon be over!

AP23
2008-03-21, 07:42 PM
You can use the ink 'n paint tool in 3ds max.

Elmo
2008-03-25, 12:52 PM
Hi Scott will Impression only be availible to the American market or will it be availible for everyone on subsription. The reason I ask is that we tried using Impression before but wasn't allowed to even install it since we were not part of america.

dgi
2008-03-25, 02:40 PM
personally I think this trick will get old very quick.

I compare these functions always to photoshop filters. It doesn't matter what filters you use as long as you can't tell which ones you have used in the end result.

I always fear tons of presentations where people show: he look I found a new button...

but that's just me, if you have a way of using the function in a way that suites you than don't let my rambling stop you.

have fun!