PDA

View Full Version : rendered trees need to be halftoned

JONB.102117
2008-03-27, 06:06 PM
is there a way to make a tree in revit transparent or halftone when it is rendered?

thank you

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-27, 06:32 PM
I've never done that and I don't think it can be easier that this:

You have to edit your tree family, go to Family Types and select Plant name. It will open the plant library. You can go to menu Plant / New / Can use current as template, the select the branches, / Edit / Settings and change the material. The same thing has to be done with the leaves.

Andre Carvalho

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-27, 06:54 PM
Or, still adding to that, you can also try to fnd and download RPC families for trees that may be ready for transparecy or halftone use.

Andre Carvalho

JONB.102117
2008-03-27, 07:27 PM
thanks Andre
I'll try em

dfriesen
2008-03-28, 12:06 AM
is there a way to make a tree in revit transparent or halftone when it is rendered?
A workaround that works quite well is: render the view twice, once with landscape turned on, and one with it turned off.
Then in photoshop (or the very nice FREE Paint.net), overlay the one with landscape, and turn up the transparency.

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-28, 01:19 AM
A workaround that works quite well is: render the view twice, once with landscape turned on, and one with it turned off.
Then in photoshop (or the very nice FREE Paint.net), overlay the one with landscape, and turn up the transparency.

Excellent idea. I like that better.

Andre Carvalho