PDA

View Full Version : New Slab at Existing Wall

joakes
2008-03-28, 04:40 AM
RS 2008
New slab pours up to existing walls. The new slab edge doesnt show up along the walls but it does at openings. How can I make the whole slab edge show up a solid line?
Thanks.

joakes
2008-03-28, 06:03 PM
:) I was hoping it wasnt so easy that no one would help me out.

dhurtubise
2008-03-28, 06:11 PM
If you areusing Pahse, the phase filter is probably modifying the display. Create a new Phase Filter (or modify the existing one)

joakes
2008-03-28, 09:15 PM
How would I go about creating a filter that puts new items on top? I check my filters (they were all default) and I cant see anything that says 'existing on top' or 'new on top'.

dhurtubise
2008-03-28, 09:52 PM
Its not realted to the top or bottom but the display of the elements as far as i;ve understand.Can you post an image?

joakes
2008-03-28, 10:26 PM
Attached is a image of what plots, existing wall on top of new slab.

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-29, 01:32 AM
I don't think there's too much you can do. What's happening is that doesn't matter if your walls are existing and your floor is new, the view cut line is set somewhere, let's say 4' - 0" above the level and is cutting your walls at that level. Since your floor is probably at level 0'- 0" (thus, bellow your walls) Revit will make the wall line have priority over the floor line when both are overlapping. If for instance you set your wall's top to be at level 3' - 0" and your floor to be at level 3' - 6", the problem will disappear. Of course you will not do that.

So the only thing I can suggest is to either use the Linework tool and using the TAB pick the floor edges or create a plan region with cut level set to be at 0' - 0" and wrap the edges of your floor.

Andre Carvalho

joakes
2008-03-31, 02:24 PM
I understood what it was doing and why but I figured Revit being as powerful as it is, is that it would have a way to show new over existing on demand.
Thanks for the answer anyway ;) Line work it is.

tomnewsom
2008-04-01, 11:22 AM
alternatively, create two views, one with the New construction, and one for the Existing. Then overlap them on the sheet. This could get complicated if you have detail/annotation items in either view, as you'll have to remember which one is which.