PDA

View Full Version : Complex area calculations

dfi
2008-03-28, 11:54 AM
We are working on a residential complex in China where we need to calulate the gross and rental areas. They require that the gross area of all balconies be calculated at 50%. The areas of all the apartments are to include a portion of the stair/ elevator core areas divided proportionally between the apartments that have access to them on each level plus 50% of its balconies. Has anyone tried to filter area names and apply formuls to the specific areas?

dhurtubise
2008-03-28, 06:08 PM
Sure can be done. You have a few different ways to achieve that. One would be to add a multipleier factor to area and use that in your calculation.

sbrown
2008-03-28, 08:57 PM
Yep. I've added a calculated value for clients who need the 50% exterior area. As for adding percentages of common spaces that will get much trickier.

jcoe
2008-03-29, 12:27 AM
I am away from my Revit workstation, so I cannot test this, but I wonder if this will work.

(Apt Area+(Balcony Area x .5) + (Core Area / # of Apts).

The # of Apts would have to be a manually input in your calculated value should the number of apartments change.

ryland_auburn207922
2011-08-03, 03:04 AM
DFI - I'm having the same issue with a project also located in China. Were you able to work something out?